Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Who's gonna be 2009's "Bon Iver?": Peasant


I remember it well. Bon Iver. Yes Justin Vernon. Listening to For Emma, Forever Ago made everyone realizes music can be great, even at it's easiest. Vernon doesn't play music that's going to blow you away with its technicality, but with it's simplicity. You know when you can listen to anything whenever? Probably Bon Iver. With all this hype, it's safe to say 2008 was filled with enough Bon Iver hype.

Now the question is: Who will be 2009's "Bon Iver?" Let me introduce to you, Peasant. I've been keeping an eye on this guy for about a year now. Saw him play in PA one time, I was impressed. But he didn't have any releases. Though I hate how he likes the Phillies, you can't deny how beautiful this mans voice is. Just like Bon Iver, music at its simplest sounds so good. Damien Derose releases On The Ground next month. With me saying he's going to be the new Vernon, I'm saying how FEFA was originally released in 2007. Sorta like how On The Ground is. On The Ground is my favorite album of this year. Passing Koufax and Atlas Sound. Yes.

Daytrotter recently did a session with him. Listen to get a preview of what you're getting. You shouldn't pass this up.

Merry Christmas.

Peasant on Daytrotter