Thursday, January 28, 2010

TMO09- #2: Drake- So Far Gone (Mixtape)


Top Mixtapes of 2009- #2: Drake- So Far Gone

When I listen to radio hits, I usually hear Owl City's 'Fireflies' along with Jay Z's 'Empire State of Mind'. When I mean I hear these tracks, they are on rotation all day. I practically know all the words to Jay's The Blueprint 3 due to New York radio. Unfortunately (For myself) but fortunate for him, the same can be said about Degrassi star/Canadian artist Drake.

Drake released So Far Gone back in February of 2009. That's when the hype really started to erupt. You don't normally hear mixtapes that can be considered albums..or for this case a mixtape that's better than many of the albums released in 2009. Drizzy Drake's So Far Gone was a staple in American pop culture this year. Possibly one of the best mixtapes of all time. His shows are always sold out, his tracks now contain today's hottest artists. Not enough can be said. Drake is going to re-shape hiphop in 2010.

Standout Tracks: Houstatlantavegas, November 18th, Congratulations

download: megaupload

No comments: