Sunday, January 31, 2010

Album of the Week: Tanya Morgan- Brooklynati (1/31/10)


Album of the Week: Tanya Morgan- Brooklynati (1/31/10)

For the next year or so, I'm going to be posting my favorite album of the week. Along with that, I'm going to be posting my top 5 played songs of the week with a little summery about each song and what it means to me.

This week, I would like to dedicate my post to Brooklyn/Cincinnati trio Tanya Morgan. In 2009, the group released Brooklynati, which is a personal favorite of mine. You don't normally hear hiphop groups produce tunes like this. Besides PacDiv and a few others, hiphop trios don't really live anymore. Tanya Morgan's Brooklynati embeds the different elements of two different cities. It's interesting to listen to the different messages in each song from either Donwill, Ilyas, and Von Pea. Take for instance the track 'She's Gone aka "Without U"'. The tracks contains the accompanieship of Phonte (of Little Brother) and Brittany Bosco. The track is jumbled with interesting lyrics with a perfect Sunday afternoon beat.

Brooklynati is an album of a make believe world. That world can be interpreted by anyone in any manner. For myself, it's wonderful. The album also includes California rapper Blu and other acts.

I hope you all enjoy this album as much as I have. It's worth the money you spend.

download: megaupload

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure to check out Tanya Morgan on Mick Boogie's Survival Kit as they contribute with the 'Gotcha Opin Original(rmx)'

download: usershare

No comments: