Thursday, October 9, 2008

Review: Koufax- Strugglers


Koufax- Strugglers

"Do you understand / Why the shops in school are keeping tabs and there eyes on you? / But I wanna roll the dice / I wanna roll the dice / Leave my job and leave my wife / Tonight."

Above are lyrics from the song "Roll the Dice," off Koufax's new record Strugglers. Here, vocalist/guitarist Robert Suchan talks about a gamble with his life. I mean, "I wanna roll the dice" sounds a bit like a gambling term or trying to take a chance with something new and trying to make the best out of it. Koufax released Hard Times Are in Fashion back in 2005. The record didn't really get much hype and people just didn't seem to get the concept. So the question was: What will the next Koufax release sound like? In this case, the Midwest quintet decided to take that "gamble" and produce a completely different sound with their sixth studio release. [READ MORE]

No comments: