Thursday, April 10, 2008

Throwback Thursdays: Cursive- The Ugly Organ

So I am starting a new segment called "Throwback Thursdays." Each week, I'll basically give my thoughts on an album that was released in the past that I have been playing.



To start it off, the first dosage of Throwback Thursdays will be Cursive's 2003 release in "The Ugly Organ." Originally, I wasn't a huge Cursive fan. You could say it was one of those groups that caught your ear as you matured. Virtually, I was listening to pop punk stuff at the time of the release, that I didn't discover this record until about 2005.

I realized how rare and meaningful some of the lyrics are. Some believe that Kasher made up this organists life; not comparing his life to the album. Maybe he's been using symbolism to cover it all up? Who knows. The album is probably one of my top ten favorite ever. I could find meaning to about each song that I've listened to on this record.

So while we all wait for something new since Happy Hallow, Cursive have been playing a couple shows around the U.S. Debuting new songs and such; but don't miss this album.

Cursive- Sierra (MP3)

But I'm ready to settle down now
Yeah, I'm ready to leave that wrecking ball behind
I could be your carpenter
And you could be my twinkling north star over the desert sky

No comments: