Sunday, May 25, 2008

bon iver: are you sold yet?


I was recently watching channel 299 on Direct T.V. Happens to be nickelodeon. The show on was this special edition of Drake and Josh; where Josh gets this huge music deal and how he got screwed over in the end due to the label changing his song around. There's more to the show, but that's all I got to watch (and I saw the same part twice today). While that paragraph had nothing to do with this article, I'll like to apologize for wasting your time. I feel this musician should be checked out by most of the public. His name is Justin Vernon. He performs as Bon Iver. I don't really know how to understand Bon Iver. Vernon's done covers of Bob Dylan and John Prine. But, he really doesn't sound like either. I'll let the listener decide how he sounds.


He released For Emma, Forever Ago in October of 2007. At that time, I just heard about him actually releasing an album. I've been a fan of some of his other bands; but this was awesome. Since then, the album has received favorable album reviews from every website, magazine, newspaper, and fan. I really haven't seen any negativity towards Justin. It's one of the most beautiful records I've heard in quite sometime. Mr. Vernon is on tour with the Bowerbirds soon. Hopefully, his show won't sell out so I can catch him.

Bon Iver- Skinny Love
(MP3)
Bon Iver- Every Grain of Sand (Bob Dylan) Live (MP3)

No comments: