Monday, January 19, 2009

Little Round Up: Thoughts on Up-coming releases

Little layoff from writing helped me clear out. I've received many different albums recently, both digital and physical. Here's my best attempt to not review the album, but to keep the description of the album manageable small.

::Indie/Rock::


M. Ward- Hold Time:: It's good to see M. Ward make his own tunes again. Nothing against She & Him, but Hold Time is a great album. It's streaming on NPR.com right now as well.


Harlem Shakes- Technicolor Health:: Has it been over 2 years since their last release? Pretty much, if they released this record last year, they'd be on the buzz-train that Vampire Weekend and some other bands were riding.

::Alternative/Rock::


Two Tongues- Two Tongues:: Not gonna lie, I was really looking forward to this. Past the first song, "Crawl"... this album isn't anything except a huge letdown. Picture this: Max Bemis singing to Saves The Day song lengths. It's quite annoying how Chris doesn't sing enough on the record. However, the song, "Come On" is really good. Too bad it's a filler.


Ace Enders and a Million Different People- When I Hit The Ground:: I try to see Ace perform whenever I can. I was a huge fan of The Early November, and my love continues for his new project. When I Hit The Ground is easily a huge stand out. Give this record a listen when it drops. You're gonna love it.

::Pop-Punk/Rock::

The Right Coast- This Is Now:: I'm now helping this band out, to help them get known. They are something interesting. Think of Valencia mixed with The Maine..that's what TRC is. This Is Now features 4 songs, think about picking it up.

The Wonder Years/All or Nothing- Distance:: I love both bands. They are both so tight. The two new Wonder Years songs are great, and All or Nothing are sure to make a hit into your listening device. Distance is legit.

No comments: