Tuesday, November 11, 2008

F-U-N



When The Format announced that they were going on an "indefinite hiatus," as any other fan I was bummed. Summer came around, I put on Dog Problems. Dog Problems is one of my favorite summer albums. Nate Ruess is a tremendous vocalist. When I heard about this new project "Fun," I was intrigued. Rumors of Jack Antonoff of Steel Train being apart of the band made this a lot more interesting. Plus the addition of Andrew Dost (Anathallo), I knew that this project was going to be more musically crafter. They released a previous Format demo entitled "Benson Hedges." Now, they are on tour with Jack's Mannequin. They have been playing new songs, TF covers, and a really groovy cover "Come On Eileen (Dexy's Midnight Runners cover)." Take a listen below.

Fun- Benson Hedges (Demo) [MP3]
Fun- Come On Eileen (Live Dexy's Midnight Runners cover) [MP3]

No comments: