Sunday, August 24, 2008

So what's up with I Am The Avalanche?


So whatever happened to the Brooklyn Dodgers? Whatever happened to me? Really.. what has happened to me? Who really knows/who cares. I've been one of the "impatient" fans of I Am The Avalanche. I've seen them about two times since releasing their debut self titled album. The album was not as good as The Movielife, but it's still something I play every week or so.

Anyways, last night I got to hear five new demos from these Merrick natives. I must say, be very very excited.

Track by Track breakdown:

1. Amsterdam- Mainly a hard song. Really interesting how the lyrics are arranged by Vinnie. It seems that the bands they have been playing with recently have had some spreading of their genres. But still, the slow downs by IATA are something to never be over looked.

2. Brooklyn Dodgers- I'm not sure if this is that leaked version due to I haven't heard the leaked version. But this is an awesome song in general. The lyrics are so well thought out and just the chorus in general. Being from Long Island, hometown bands always hit you.

3. Conan O Brian- My general thoughts of all these demos will keep me very happy until the new album. This song again is keeping the hard vibe. There isn't really much slow songs going on this demo. And I know these aren't the best description, but I don't know how to describe it without ruining the new album.

4. Is This Really Happening?- This song is my favorite demo. They have been performing it live as of late and I'm dying to do a pile on with the lyrics. Seems like Vinnie brings out how his hard work has payed out with the lyrics "Is this really happening? The sun's finally shining on me." One of the more heart-taker songs on this demo.

5. You've Got Spiders- Reminds me of a Daggermouth song. Pretty much sounds like Vinnie is dishing out his thoughts about a person comparing them to the "bottom of the plate". Seems like a very, thought out song by the Merrick natives.

Download the Purevolume Sessions
(and I wish Mrs. Green was in these demos)



No comments: